Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Brandy's Kale Orgasmic Soup



I LOVE kale. More than most people love their children. Kale is like my life force- it helps me overcome every obstacle in life, be it fighting a cold or fighting ninjas. So, you see, I try and incorporate kale into my diet in every way possible. Last night, my stomach was a little weird and all I wanted to eat was soup- and I knew kale would make me feel better because it's my hero, so I decided to make up a soup recipe. I high fived myself after I tried it. Then I kissed the mirror. That was just because I thought I looked really pretty. So-please, make this recipe even if you think you don't like kale. Because you're wrong. And also, dead to me if you think that way.

Serves 4-6 (I'm eating all of it by myself)

2 tbls olive oil
1 large leek, sliced thin and washed well
1 carrot, diced
2 celery stalks, sliced thin
1 Large bunch of kale, chopped roughly and washed
2 yukon gold potatoes, washed and chopped, keep the skin on
1 15 oz can cannelini beans
2 32 oz boxes of vegetable stock, (I used one and a half)
3 cups of water
1 tbls heavy cream
salt and pepper

Saute leeks and evoo on medium in a large pot until leeks are nice and tender, about 8 minutes. Add in carrots and celery and season with salt and pepper. Let those get tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add in vegetable broth and water and bring to a boil. Then simmer for about 20 minutes uncovered. Then, add in the kale, beans and potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and let simmer uncovered for about 20-25 minutes. Can go longer if you want. Once everything is super fucking delicious, turn the heat way down and add in a tbls of heavy cream. Stir, orgasm, then ladle it into a bowl and eat it. Or just stick your head in the pot. Then orgasm again. At least that's how my night with the soup went.

You're welcome.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment