Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"BLAT" sandwich

I know you haven't heard from me in awhile. I'm sorry, 11 followers. I will try and not disappoint you anymore. I've been really busy drinking instead of cooking. Anyways, this is a very simple, but very fucking tasty recipe. I love it. A lot. I actually went to make it for lunch today and when I opened the freezer, realized I was out of morning star 'bacon' and said "fuck" out loud in my kitchen alone. I came to the conclusion my day was ruined. It's that good. It's really easy, and I use a few different spreads to change it up once in awhile. It's important for you to change things up in your life. You're welcome for that advice. Please deposit $50 into my paypal account.

And now- for the sandwich components.
Two slices of good, thick whole wheat bread, toasted (by the way- if you're ever at a farmer's market that sells bread from the Rustic Loaf, buy it. Then kiss me)
1 heirloom tomato, sliced
2 pieces of morning star 'bacon', cooked in a skillet
3 slices butter lettuce
1/2 avocado, sliced
mayonnaise, 1 tbls
dijon mustard, 1 tbls
salt and pepper

Toast the bread, then spread mayo and mustard on nice and thick. Put the avocado slices on and squish them into the bread a little, on the other half of the bread, add the lettuce. Top with the tomato slices and bacon, then sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Close it up, slice it, and wish you made 5 more.

If you want to make it a little extra special- you can add basil mayo and skip the mustard. For basil mayo, take 2 tbls mayo, three basil leaves, salt and pepper. mix in a blender and spread on the sandwich. Then lick the knife. Don't cut your tongue. You're welcome for that advice also. That will be another $50.

Now eat!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That sounds like a tasty summer time lunch! Thanks! I've deposited $50. into your account and $25. more for last night. :)

    ReplyDelete